• Announcements

• Mason

Zyain Relaunch   06/03/2016

Dear Zyainists! Zyain server will be have a clean relaunch in the next few weeks, please keep checking back to our forums, facebook and twitter for news and updates!
      In the meanwhile we have added silks to every user to enjoy the server and have fun. Greetings,
      ZyainStaff
Buddy

Forum Improvements

4 posts in this topic

I have a few suggestions to improve the forum.

• Install version 4.1.9 - Upgrade to the latest version of IPS Community Suite.
  • Install a chatbox - Would really be great for your players.
  • Customize a theme skin to fit BlazeGN - (Brave, Carbon, Dimension, Nerva etc) Just by looking at Zyain stuff I know you have a great gfx team that could easily to this.
  • Install few addons & hooks & plugins that would enchant the overall experience of the forums. There are a lot of great FREE plugins here.

I have a few more suggestions in mind but I'd first like to see a staffs input on these above. PS. If you want to provide IPS content just let me know.

Yus and Pitou like this

I have a few suggestions to improve the forum.

• Install version 4.1.9 - Upgrade to the latest version of IPS Community Suite.
  • Install a chatbox - Would really be great for your players.
  • Customize a theme skin to fit BlazeGN - (Brave, Carbon, Dimension, Nerva etc) Just by looking at Zyain stuff I know you have a great gfx team that could easily to this.
  • Install few addons & hooks & plugins that would enchant the overall experience of the forums. There are a lot of great FREE plugins here.

I have a few more suggestions in mind but I'd first like to see a staffs input on these above. PS. If you want to provide IPS content just let me know.

1. Being worked on.
http://forum.blazegn.com/index.php?/chat/
3. For the forum we have had various themes, we chose to stick to this one due the simplicity and easy 2 use experience.
4. We would but we are not sure people would use the plugins and addons. People tend to spend more time ingame.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yus likes this

1. Being worked on.2. http://forum.blazegn.com/index.php?/chat/
3. For the forum we have had various themes, we chose to stick to this one due the simplicity and easy 2 use experience.
4. We would but we are not sure people would use the plugins and addons. People tend to spend more time ingame.

Thanks for the suggestions.

For me, website & forums are huge impact on my decision to play a server. I have tons of experience with IPB forums and I know that customizing it a bit will make it look more appealable for newcomers, especially with a new server launching. I mean adding a logo, custom icons related to the section etc would make it look better. Using a premium theme and editing just the colors in settings (no css, html edits at all) is quite easy.

IPS chat is good and bad at the same time, its limited to x amount of users (depends on your license), I'd rather suggest you to install chabox plugin that comes without any limitations user wise that is and its exactly the same as IPS chat.

There are a lot of back-end and front-end plugins that people don't know or care about that could completely change the forum experience for the users, even tho they might not be noticeable but are appreciated.

It's up to you guys to do whatever you want tho but for me, community forum is a major factor in hosting a private server and an ugly looking community forum is a no go. I've been that way since I started with private servers and managing communities back in 2009.

Will write down some more suggestions later when i get back home. :)

Pitou likes this